SafBon Water Technology (SWT) provides custom engineered filtration systems as both standalone systems, as well as integrated pretreatment systems in a more complex treatment scheme.
Conventional media filtration systems are available as either gravity or pressurized type with media selection to suit the treatment strategy.
Microfiltration (MF) & Ultrafiltration (UF)
When conventional pre-treatment is not sufficient, the use of microfiltration (MF) or ultrafiltration (UF) provides the most reliable solution for the removal of suspended solids, viruses and bacteria from a feed water source. MF/UF provides excellent pretreatment for seawater reverse osmosis (SWRO), high turbidity brackish water sources and recycled or secondary waste streams. To-date polymeric membranes have been used, either in an inside-out or outside-in configuration, the choice being made based on the suspended solids loading and chemical contaminants in the feed water.
The development of ceramic membrane filtration has revolutionized the concept of micro and ultrafiltration. The advanced design concepts enable an unprecedented technical and economical approach to water and wastewater treatment with particular advantages.
- Extremely robust filtration media with resistance to high temperatures and aggressive chemical cleaning regimens.
- Longer life expectancy than polymeric membranes
- Consistently high quality filtered water
- Higher flux rates than conventional polymeric membranes
- Able to operate under high MLSS loading as in MBR applications
- Lower operating costs due to lower backwash requirements and chemical treatment