- Project: Ecopetrol Ultrafiltration & Reverse Osmosis Plant
- Owner/Client: EcoPetrol S.A.
- Location: Barrancabermeja, Columbia
- Capacity: Ultrafiltration 10 MGD; RO 5.9 MGD
- Start-up: 2013
- Application: Oil refining; hydrocarbon processing (HPI); water reuse; boiler feed
The advanced water treatment plant designed, fabricated and supplied by SWT produced low TDS water to feed the plant’s ion exchange system. The system consisted of three submerged ultrafiltration trains capable of producing 10 MGD of filtrate. As well as three, double pass, brackish water RO trains capable of producing up to 5.9 MGD of permeate.
The RO trains were designed to minimize the plant footprint; stacking the second stage on top of the first stage. All UF/RO frames and clean in place system was fabricated in the US and shipped directly to site. Also supplied are high pressure feed pumps, transfer pumps, low fouling membranes, instrumentation and PLC control system. Field services included installation supervision, system testing, commissioning and start-up as well as training personnel.